High Falls Weekend

We took a trip up to High Falls last weekend to explore the area, meet with vendors, and get away.  The region was covered in snow which made for a scenic but sketchy drive.  We made it there safely and in time for our first appointment, after which we checked into The Sheeley House a Bed & Breakfast next to Shadow Lawn, our venue.

That night, we went to an awesome place recommended by our our rockstar florists called The Country Inn.  They had an impressive 500 beers to choose from — truly a sight to behold.

The next morning Amanda’s family drove up to meet us and see Shadow Lawn for the first time…

Needless to say, everyone loved the venue and had a lot of creative ideas for how we could use the space to the fullest.  We had such a great time; it’s great to know that we have many more upstate getaways to look forward to.

10 Responses to “High Falls Weekend”

1. Dognbird writes:

Thank you for this! My fiance and I are interested in Shadow Lawn but it’s super hard to find info on this mysterious venue. Appreciate the look. You two are adorable, congrats on your engagement!

2. Amanda writes:

Thank you!! Please let me know if I can help you with any other info on Shadow Lawn. It’s an amazing venue and the owners are incredible. We can’t wait for our September wedding!

3. Suzanne Corenza writes:

Hi Amanda, wow, you’re site is fabulous and I am so excited for your upcoming wedding. I am doing some searching now for venues in Hudson Valley and Shadow is my first choice. Would you be able to tell me how you got in touch with some vendors, and anything else that you can recommend. I sent an email to SL yesterday, just waiting to hear back. We, Greg and I, will probably be doing a Fall 2011 wedding. Thx so much for any feedback, I am sure you’re so busy! -Suzanne

4. Elizabeth writes:

Hi Amanda! I guess this is the most popular post to comment on for other brides! I have been wandering through you blog here for a bit and cannot get over how much we have in common. I would love, though have not visited the venue yet, to have our wedding there. Unfortunately, my fiance and I have a specific date that is very sentimental to us and it is taken for next year. I am almost contemplating waiting to 2012 if this place turns out to be as beautiful in person!

Would you mind emailing me so I could ask you some stuff about this place? I think we’re going on Monday to look but am dying to figure out if our wedding there would even be possible.

Hope I hear from you when you have some free time, if you have any at all!! :)

xo
    Elizabeth

5. Amanda writes:

Hi Elizabeth,

Did you get a chance to visit Shadow Lawn? If you still have any questions I’d be happy to help. Let me know.

6. Jen writes:

Hey Amanda,

I was also trying to get info on this venue, is there an e-mail or phone number for them? Your pics look amazing. How many people can the barn accomodate? Thank you for your help.

7. Amanda writes:

Hi Jen,

The email for Dan is dc2233@gmail.com. The barn can accomodate up to about 120 people depending on how you do the table arrangements. We had just under 100 and that was perfect. Good Luck!

8. Deirdre writes:

Another location nearby in Stone Ridge is Tralee Farm. Unbelieveable views of the Catskill Mountains.

9. Tiana writes:

Hi Amanda!
    I stumbled upon your blog looking while researching possible wedding venues. I’m looking for a rustic chic sort of vibe – similar to yours. The New Paltz/High Falls area means a lot to us because New Paltz is where we met (and he currently lives). I’m born, raised and still living in Brooklyn. We want to avoid the standard catering halls and try to be in the Hudson Valley area if we can.
    Do you have any feedback you can give on the venue itself? With 120 people, are you able to have an adequate enough dance floor? Our list is looking to exceed that at the moment, so Shadow Lawn may not be for us but its everything that I want!
    Any feedback you can give me would be great!

10. Amanda writes:

Hi Tiana,

Shadow Lawn seems like it might be a great fit for you wedding. You should definitely consider visiting. If you think you will exceed 120 though it could be difficult as you may not have enough room for dancing. However, it does all depend on how you set up your tables.

You may also want to consider Cole Hill Farms, we visited there as well and you can see a few pictures on our blog.

I discovered Wynkoop House after we had booked our venue and it seems like a wonderful spot for a wedding that I would have definitely considered.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. I’d be happy to help.